26th Annual GBTC GRAND ISLAND
The 2020 Grand Island Half Marathon is rescheduled for Saturday, October 31, 2020. Our intention is to give runners a ‘touch free’ safe event in compliance with current COVID-19 restrictions. To achieve this goal ,we are limiting the field to 150 entries. If you registered earlier this year for the May 2020 race and did not receive a refund, please check your email for important information.
Several changes are being made to the event format to comply with COVID-19 restrictions regarding large gatherings. Given these limitations, we are capping the event at 150 entries, spread over 3 start times of 50 runners each.
- There is no packet pickup. Entrants will be sent their bib number, via US Mail, along with a start time (7:00AM, 7:30 or 8:00) and additional instructions.
- There will not be a mass start. Runners will arrive at the starting area at their assigned time and each runner will start 15 seconds after the person in front of them.
- There is no race day entry OR race day bib pickup
- Entrants will receive their shirts, medals and other awards as they come through the finish line.
- The post race party will be limited to a tailgate style event in the parking lot. Feel free to bring your own food/beverages to supplement or in place of what the race will provide.
When: Saturday, October 31, 2020
***Race Start Time: 7:00AM, 7:30AM and 8:00AM
Please note the earlier start times for this event. Each starting time will have 50 runners. Runners will start 15 seconds apart.***
Race Day Details:
7AM start at Beaver Island State Park, Grand Island,
NY (between Buffalo and Niagara Falls). The half marathon
is a flat, out and back course, along the scenic Niagara River.
Team Competition: Please note that the "4 person" team competition originally included in this event will not be held due to the limited field size. There are currently no complete 4 person teams registered and when we reach 150 confirmed registrations, there would not be enough full teams to justify awarding prize money.
Race Day Amenities:
There is no packet pickup. Runners will be mailed their bibs and a starting time; either 7AM , 7:30 or 8:00.
Race fee includes chip timing, water, sports drinks, post race snacks, and beverages and a long sleeve, 1/4 zip pullover in men's and women's sizes.
Please note that there is no traditional post race party. Runners will receive snacks at the finish line and are encouraged to supplement this with their own food and beverages "tailgate style" in the parking lot.
· Commemorative medal awarded to every Half Marathon finisher!
· A portion of race proceeds will benefit FeedMoreWNY (formerly Meals on Wheels and Food Bank WNY).
The 150 person registration limit has been reached. Registration is currently closed to new entries. Registration may reopen later in September as current entries choose to defer to May 2021.
There is no Packet Pickup. Race entrants will receive their bibs via US mail. Shirts and finisher awards will be picked up as runners finish the race. There is no bib pickup race day. There is no race day registration.
The overall male and female finishers, the top masters finishers and the top three in each age division.
19 & under, 20 – 24, 25 – 29, 30 – 34, 35 – 39, 40 – 44, 45 – 49, 50 – 54, 55 – 59, 60 – 64, 65 – 69, 70 – 74, 75 - 79, 80 and up.
Take the Beaver Island exit off the I-190. Follow signs to the park. Free admission to the park for all runners and their families. Veer left as you enter the park and look for the main parking lot. The start/finish line in located within the main parking lot and is a short walk from any parking spot you take. Please leave an empty space between cars when possible.
Beaver Island State Park
2136 Oakfield Rd
Grand Island, NY 14072
Please email email@example.com for any further details.